Daigo Umehara's Event Schedule 2015

- Canada Cup's Master Series [January 9-11]
- 5th Niconico Shotenkaigi [January 18]
- Yonpahi radio show [January 23]
- 6th Niconico Shotenkaigi [January 25]
- Taipei Game Show [Jan 31]
- Tokaigi 2015 [Feb 1]

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

SRK's exclusive interview with Fuudo part 1

SRK posted the first part of an exclusive interview with Fuudo today.

Highlight

On training regimen
"I only play at arcades, and I played for about 2-3 hours per day prior to EVO as usual."

Switching from Ryu to Fei Long
"It just daunted to me how much I would have to practice yet again so hard to win [using Ryu]."
"[Fei Long] fit me very well. I don’t need to be really aggressive, but can keep going."
"Mago teaches me a lot. I don’t teach him, just because I don’t have anything to offer him. He already knows anything I discover. So I am the only one who benefits from the relationship (lol)."

On Fuudo or Food
"It’s actually HOOD* like in hooded shirt."
"....but when I went to France for a tournament last year, my name (written in hiragana phonetics) was officially written as FOOD without my knowledge."

Expectation in first Evo
"I think my chance and my confidence level was three percent (LOL)."

The other games
"If there’s any [Virtua Fighter] tournament, I would start playing more again. But right now, I play AE."

Against Poongko
"I was not worried because I knew Daigo lost because he was out of luck, but not by skill-set level. He would have definitely won if there had been more matches."
"I was quite surprised to see that [Poongko] did the same thing over and over..."

Against Latif
"My strongest opponent was Daigo. Then probably Poongko, followed by Latif among those finalists. Latif is strong but I knew I had much better chance than a match against Daigo."

No comments: